Pages

1.1.11

1/1/11

This year holds a lot of uncertainty. A lot of adventure, sure, but moreso uncertainty. I'm not sure what the most appropriate feeling should be heading into 2011. Apprehension? Excitement? Determination?

This year, I'll be graduating. It's so weird when I look back - it seems like just yesterday when I left Coquitlam and moved to Ottawa to start a new chapter in my life. And now it's ending, just like that. Weird. The scarier part is that I have to start real life - working (not a job but a JOB, feel me?) thinking about investments, saving... all stuff that has never been on my radar because that's not the sort of person I am, but at some point, one needs to consider the future. What does mine hold?

As of today, I've only ever been on one continent. However, in the span of the next six months, I'll have hit three continents for the purposes of compassion, journalism, and art. Exciting.

All I know is this: 2010 was a trying year. I made some mistakes that I'm not keen on repeating, burned some bridges that I'm not keen on rebuilding, and injured some body parts that don't seem bent on regenerating. In light of that, I'd like for 2011 to be:

1. Inspiring. For my art, my work, and most importantly, my faith.
2. Compassionate. For the lost and the broken and the Samaritan women.
3. Healthy. For my body to actually have a chance to experience life as a 21-year-old.


2011 is when I become somebody. Determine where my life is heading, discern what my calling is, decipher what is in store for my art, and discover, for real, who I am as a journalist, as a poet, as a friend, as a brother, as a son, as a subject, and as a person.

1/1/11. Let's get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment