Pages

22.10.11

Things I appreciate about you: Installment 5

I believe that while we are balanced, the universe has also done a pretty bang-up job of equipping us all with the right amount of shit to get through whatever our respective lives throw our way.  It is not fair for us to say that the street kid who was abused by his step-father and turned to drugs to escape has had a harder life than we have, nor is it fair for us to look down on the kid fed from a silver spoon who has never worked an honest day in his life.  We are all created to handle our own problems, whether they be big or small.  You were built to handle this.  I was built to handle that.  The universe has no favourites and can be quite the fickle bitch sometimes, but reality is, she is also fair.  On paper, it doesn't seem like the same battle, but in God's eyes, it is.  Not once ever have I felt sorry for you because of your situation; I know that's not what you want, and I know that's not what God intended.  Instead, by sharing your story with me you have inspired me to face the obstacles in my life with renewed vigor, and for that, I thank you.  I only hope I can be the same source of inspiration for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment